Post Page Advertisement [Top]


Of the numerous and varied different Broadway shows seen, reviewed, and written about by Angel de Quinta one that speaks to and resonates with me is The Color Purple. In my childhood I myself read the book and learned of a world of repressed feelings, loss of self, and the destruction of the pride of those who did not deserve it. Angel de Quinta captures not only this but many other Broadway plays perfectly through in depth and descriptive studies into them.
            Angel De Quinta covers 3 different versions of The Color Purple and the difference between each of them. He covers some of the highlights and the talented casts of each show and where they stood compared against one another. The gifted actors, musical team, and overall message captured is covered and spoken of in a way that communicates feelings directly to the audience.
            The Color Purple brings feelings of nostalgia to me because the first time I saw the 1985 drama I was in middle school and just beginning to really learn about repression and how it truly effected people. Seeing this review of the Broadway musical re-sparked the feelings I had the first time I watched it in depth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]