Post Page Advertisement [Top]


Artists Statement

I created a Pop Art-esque version of The King himself for my 30x30 grid. It was heavily inspired by Andy Warhol and my own love of Rock which Elvis helped to bring to the level it currently stands at. I created the piece using beads commonly thrown during events not because of a symbolic reason but simply because they’re an item I have a lot of. As an artist you begin to develop a habit of hoarding items due to your brain telling you “This could be useful someday,” and often times it’s true. I cut and glued each of the beads to the grid after taking the Pop Art Elvis and changing him into a 30x30 grid in Adobe Photoshop. The lengthiest part of this process was not necessarily the gluing, but the removal of each individual bead from their string. Long live the king.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]